Wow, I knew that our December was busy but seeing how few pictures I took and how little I posted on Instagram really drove it home. So few pics were posted, in fact, that I threw in an extra one to have enough to fill the grid. Geez! I’m sure the darkness was also a factor. Nevertheless, it was a wonderful month!
1. I decorated and redecorated our entryway approximately 586 times last month, but finally got what I was going for. Now the holidays are over and I’ll be starting from scratch again. Sigh.
2. One evening I came home from work and Andrew asked if we could get dressed up and go on a date. Um, heck yes! How could I possibly resist?
3. So glad we did an advent calendar this year because the kids loved it and were excited to take turns with it each day. It will be a nice tradition to have.
4. Dining room redecoration, phase 1. Goodbye black hole, hello blank canvas. Just the way I like it.
5. If this doesn’t say Christmas, I don’t know what does.
6. Our holiday party was such fun! Thanks to all our awesome friends who came to eat, drink and be merry with us!
7. How I love the nights when they want to help make dinner!
8. Instead of presents for the holidays, Ben and I gifted each other/ourselves a weekend in Chicago eating at as many excellent restaurants as we could in less than 48 hours. We greatly succeeded.
9. Pretty much bursting with excitement at Girl and the Goat. Our second time there, every bit as wonderful as the first. An absolute must try!
10. I solemnly swear to never visit Chicago without at least one visit to a Rick Bayless restaurant. This time, brunch at Frontera Grill AKA heaven. Trying to order is an exercise in futility since every single dish is incredible.
11. Acting all fancy before dinner at Grace. Which basically defies words. Do you know about Curtis Duffy? You should.
12. Back home and back to more holiday fun. We made a gingerbread house from scratch and Andrew was way into decorating it!
13. The Night Before Christmas on the night before Christmas.
14. A visit from my best friend and her little girl means seeing our girls play together. We have been friends since kindergarten and it fills me with joy to see them together!
15. A couch, a cozy blanket and twinkle lights make it hard to get up sometimes.
16. Dinner making with my girl. Love seeing those little hands at work!
Most of these images are from my personal (private) Instagram account. You can follow my public stream here: user annieseats.